We’re looking for an IT support technician with previous experience in the installation and management of Computer networks. This is your opportunity to work in a small IT department, reporting directly into the Head of IT.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT, the successful candidates’ key responsibilities will be:
• Provide day-to-day assistance in the installation and management of the company’s IT network and telephone system.
• Respond quickly to any requirements for support due to problems from hardware or software from any member of RED, liaising with the Head of IT to resolve problems.
• Assist in the administration relating to our Microsoft Centric network infrastructure and Mitel telephone system. This will include administering user accounts and access permissions.
• Assist in the management of the loan of pool laptops to RED users. This will involve the setup of laptops for important client meetings.
• Assist in the configuration and management of Surface tablets and smartphones assigned to client facing PR and senior support staff.
• Responsible for keeping an up to date asset register. This will include tagging of new equipment and entering details into Database.
• Assist in general PC and printer maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
• Assist in maintenance of Apple Mac computers in our Design Department.
• Assist in the maintenance of our Audio Visual Equipment installed in our meeting rooms.
• Maintain clear and precise documentation in respect to all aspects of the role.
• Provide basic levels of training to any member of RED on any aspects of the hardware and software that they may require, subject to approval by the Head of IT.
• Provide new user IT inductions.
• Manage data backups reporting any errors and ensuring good backups are kept offsite.
• Manage the Red intranet uploading new stories, staff entries, new clients and team memberships.
• Assist in returning any pcs/software or other hardware to suppliers when faulty or liaise with help-lines/support when appropriate.
• Perform any additional support tasks as required by the Head of IT.
• Assist in the management of Scripts to update software on our network computers.
• From time to time you’ll be required to provide assistance to the Office Manager on general office services duties as well as cover some of his duties while he is on holiday (e.g. setting up rooms, desk moves and helping with deliveries etc). This will be on an ad hoc basis.
• Display a good understanding of the Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating system and software: Specifically, Windows 10, Office 2016 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• Have an understanding of Cloud-based technologies, specifically Office365, but also Azure.
• A good understanding of current technologies, PC, Apple, Tablets and Smartphones is essential.
• An understanding of networking protocols, IP Addressing, Subnets, routing is essential.
As well as technical skills the successful candidate should:
• Demonstrate sensitivity towards client and media handling issues and at all times be a positive ambassador for Red Consultancy - both internally and externally.
• Time Management – to deal with tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Ability to work under pressure and when required manage own tasks
• To be enthusiastic and motivated, with proven initiative, attention to detail and commitment to high-quality standards.
• Communicate well with staff and clients in a fast-paced media environment.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience to Imogen.Wierzan@reconsultancy.com or by clicking 'Apply' below.