We are looking for an Office and IT Assistant to help with the management of our office and IT systems. This is your opportunity to join a small team and assist in the smooth running of all IT and office equipment and processes.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Provide day-to-day support to the Office Management Assistant.
• Set up the office each morning – preparing coffee machines, distributing milk, bread and newspapers.
• Monitor coffee machines throughout the day, ensuring they are fully stocked and perform end of day cleaning cycle.
• Stock kitchens with tea, coffee, sugar and breakfast cereals.
• Setup and stock our in-house bar, Bar Red.
• Assign office entry fobs and manage the database.
• Assist with the management of the post room including monitoring for deliveries, rubbish, etc.
• Perform any additional tasks as required by the Office Management Assistant.
• Provide day-to-day assistance in the installation and management of the company’s IT network and telephone system.
• Respond quickly to requests for support due to problems with IT hardware or software, liaising with the Head of IT and Office Services to resolve problems.
• Assist with the setup and administration of user accounts on our computer and telephone systems.
• Assist with configuration and management of laptops and smartphones assigned to employees.
• Assist with management of pool laptops - loaning to employees and setting up for client meetings.
• Responsible for keeping an up-to-date asset register - tagging new equipment and entering details into a database.
• Assist with general PC and printer maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
• Assist with management of audio-visual equipment installed in our meeting rooms.
• Assist with management of the Red intranet uploading new stories, staff entries, new clients and team memberships.
• Perform any additional support tasks as required by the Head of IT and Office Services.
Skills and experience
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Experience working in an office environment would be highly advantageous.
• Excellent time management, able to deal with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
• Ability to work under pressure and when required manage own tasks
• Excellent communication skills, able to convey messages to staff and clients in a fast-paced media environment.
• Able to demonstrate sensitivity towards client and media handling issues and at all times be a positive ambassador for Red.
• Previous Health and Safety or First Aid experience would be an advantage.
• Most importantly, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated team player, who is able to show initiative. If you have a basic understanding and interest in technology, that would be a big plus.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking 'Apply' below.