In today’s technology-disrupted world, nurturing consumer loyalty remains a struggle for many enterprises but our ‘Reinventing Loyalty’ B2B campaign for Adobe set out to redress the balance.
Loyalty is the Holy Grail for most businesses, and equally elusive. After all, what made consumers loyal five years ago, isn’t what makes them loyal today. Digital disruption has changed everything, from how consumers engage with brands to why they buy particular products and services.
To get to the bottom of this complex topic, we commissioned a comprehensive study of the psychology behind the new age of brand loyalty in partnership with Goldsmiths University.
The study was based on the hypothesis: ‘Digital transformation and proliferation of choice are transforming loyalty.’ In other words, we wanted to discover how digital has changed the way consumers feel and engage with brands and their products and services.
The project had two distinct phases:
1) Identifying changes in consumer behaviour and to define a new framework for loyalty generation.
- The study was launched to coincide with Dmexco, the industry-leading digital marketing conference, thus providing Adobe with exclusive, revelatory and impactful news and marketing content for the show.
- The launch was supported by editorial media outreach to marketing, technology, retail and business titles; an extensive social media campaign with paid promotion and content; and content across Adobe-owned channels.
2) Testing the new framework of consumer loyalty against large organisations’ performances to show a correlation between new loyalty-promoting practices and positive commercial results.
- Research was conducted among senior marketing decisions-makers in multi-national organisations, scoring organisational practices against both the new loyalty model and commercial performance indicators.
- Goldsmith’s data science team subsequently applied a calculation to show that businesses generating loyalty via improved customer experience were outperforming the competition by an impressive 14%.
- The research provided content for a range of activities including news and social media outreach; a digital marketing programme; and for senior Adobe executive speakers at a series of Adobe customer events across Europe.
The campaign successfully garnered engagement across multiple channels, driving media, social media, lead generation activity and live event participation. But it went beyond just being another research project. By partnering with Goldsmiths to unpick a real business challenge and understand how today’s consumers engage with brands, we were able to produce lasting, authoritative and valuable business advice that showcased Adobe as a trusted enterprise partner.
The campaign received the following accolades:
- Highly Commended – PR Week Awards 2018 – B2B campaign
- Finalist – Sabre Awards EMEA 2018 – Multi-country campaign
- Finalist – PRmoment Awards 2018 – B2B campaign