With a 40 year heritage minimising environmental impact, Ecover wanted to showcase the value of recycling plastics. The resulting Rubbish Café was a world-first experience – people could only enter if they ‘paid’ with recyclable plastic rubbish.
Everything was created with sustainability and shareability in mind: from reusable cork flooring to the eco-friendly wash-off pavement graffiti.
Eco-chef Tom Hunt created zero waste veggie and vegan bowls, whilst upcycling designer Max McMurdo ensured the café backdrop was Instagram worthy.
As you entered the message on circularity was clear – was your rubbish ‘doomed for landfill’ or did it go to the ‘reincarnation station’?
Reached 66% of ‘Conscious Consumers’ in the UK three times.
Over 1,000 visitors with 240 pledges to reduce plastic usage, 11,400 hits to microsite and a significant sales uplift for Ecover’s washing range.
- WINNER - The Drum Experience Awards 2018 – B2C Experiential Brand Campaign/ Event of the Year
- WINNER - The Drum Experience Awards 2018 – Grand Prix
- WINNER - AMEC Awards 2019 - Best use of measurement for a single event
- SILVER - AMEC Awards 2019 - Most effective planning, research and evaluation of consumer communications
- FINALIST - PRCA National Awards 2018 - Consumer
- FINALIST - PRCA National Awards 2018 - CSR
- FINALIST - PR Week Awards 2018 - Bests PR Event
Our amazing team deliver incredible results across a variety of specialist services.