For the launch of the limited edition Big Mac with Bacon, McDonald’s wanted to encourage debate: is a Big Mac with Bacon still a Big Mac?
We knew the nation loves a good bit of banter – so who was best to kick start the ‘beef’?
Famous father-son duo, Harry #NotABigMac and Jamie #StillABigMac Redknapp picked a side. Harry’s history of leaning out of his car window on transfer day was the perfect pastiche for a Drive-Thru moment.
Launched the day before transfer day, the resulting award-winning video was McDonald’s most successful organic content of all time.
2m organic views in 24hrs, 10m+ to date.
Big Mac sales targets smashed.
- WINNER - Sabre Awards EMEA 2020 – UK & Ireland
- WINNER - UK Social Media Awards 2019 – Best Social Influencer Campaign
- WINNER - The Drum PR Awards – Best FMCG Campaign
- WINNER - CIPR Excellence Awards – Best Use of Content
- WINNER - PRCA National Awards 2019 – Digital and New Media
- SILVER - PRmoment Awards 2020 - FMCG Marketing Communications Campaign of the Year
- FINALIST - Sabre Awards EMEA 2020 - Food Service
- FINALIST - PRmoment Awards 2020 - Best Use of Content
- FINALIST - UK Social Media Awards 2019 - Best Integrated Campaign
- FINALIST - The Drum PR Awards 2019 - Most Effective Use of Content
Our amazing team deliver incredible results across a variety of specialist services.